SKY Enhances Deep Sleep
Sulekha et al (2006)
SKY Decreases Anxiety
73% of individuals suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) despite 12 weeks of standard psychiatric care (drugs and psychotherapy) experienced significant reductions in anxiety, and 41% achieved remission 4 weeks after learning SKY. Katzman MA et al (2012)
SKY significantly decreases everyday anxiety. (*- p value <0.01). Kjellgren et al (2007)
SKY Increase Life Satisfaction
Goldstein et al (2016)
SKY Benefits vs Mindfulness and Emotional Regulation
Seppälä et al (2020)
- Sulekha, S., et al., Evaluation of sleep architecture in practitioners of Sudarshan Kriya yoga and Vipassana meditation*. Sleep and Biological Rhythms, 2006. 4(3): p. 207-214.
- Katzman, M.A., et al., A multicomponent yoga-based, breath intervention program as an adjunctive treatment in patients suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder with or without comorbidities. International journal of yoga, 2012. 5(1): p. 57.
- Kjellgren, A., et al., Wellness through a comprehensive yogic breathing program - a controlled pilot trial. BMC Complement Altern Med, 2007. 7: p. 43.
- Goldstein, M.R., et al., Improvements in well-being and vagal tone following a yogic breathing-based life skills workshop in young adults: Two open-trial pilot studies. International journal of yoga, 2016. 9(1): p. 20.
- Seppälä, et al., Promoting Mental Health and Psychological Thriving in University Students: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Three Well-Being Interventions. Front. Psychiatry, 15 July 2020.